In soccer, there are important rules that must be obeyed. Rules of Conduct are guidelines that aim to prevent unsportsman-like attitude among soccer players. Robert Gaspar, a majestic soccer player gives you an overview of the rules followed in the sport.
Rules of Conduct
- Indefinite suspension from the league will be given to any player, coach, or adult supervisor that is caught cheating or misrepresenting any record and proved to be guilty.
- Unbecoming conduct of a player or coach including ungentlemanly attitude or cursing is subjected to the “Laws of the Game”, according to Robert Gaspar this is with respect to yellow cards (Cautions) and red cards (Ejections). These behaviors may become the reason why a referee will issue a verbal warning. Robert Gaspar also added that it may be followed by ending the game with a forfeiture of the offending team. A double forfeit may also take in effect if both teams are involved and there is failure in correcting their unacceptable behavior.
- A player or coach who gets a red card is ejected or suspended for the remaining time in the match plus a minimum of one additional game. Robert Gaspar added that the majestic team will be left with no choice but play down one player during the remainder of the game. Red card results in the suspension of a player and it may be any length from one game to permanent, depending on the circumstances and sternness of the situation. The ejected player or coach is demanded to leave the field to the point that the individual will not be a disruptive influence while the game progresses. Robert Gaspar also added that failure to comply can be the reason why a game will be forfeited. Reinstatement of a majestic player after a multi-game suspension will be probationary.
- In a regular season, any team with a total of three red cards or more will be forfeited in the playoffs. On the other hand, Robert Gaspar added that a player with a total of two red cards during the season will face serious consequences.
- A player will not be allowed to play for the remainder of the season.
- A player will be ineligible for tournament play on that season.
- A player is suspended for the entire season.
It should be understood that any team or individual who is found guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct will get a suspension for a certain period and may include permanent suspension.
- Majestic players face suspension for specific violations. Robert Gaspar explained that this include any of the following:
- Drinking, or participating under the influence of alcohol/drugs can get a player suspended for one full season.
- Engaging in a fight or wrestling with another player will result in three full season suspension.
- Striking, trying to strike or harm another player will also result in three full season suspension.
- A player who threatens an official or another player will be suspended permanently.
- A player who hit an official is also given permanent suspension.
- A player who commits second offense for nos. 1, 2, and 3 also gets suspended permanently.
According to Robert Gaspar, soccer’s rules of conduct are geared to establish a professional match that can establish respect and camaraderie among players. For a majestic soccer player like Robert Gaspar who devotes time and effort to earn a great reputation as an athlete, these are some of the most important guidelines that must be followed to achieve a remarkable status.